Published 29 November 2023
- Job reference AD 2023 01
- Days / hours Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours
- Contract type Permanent
- Workplace Hybrid with a minimum of 3 days in the Tunbridge Wells office
- Reporting Line VP of Medical Education & Strategic Partnerships
About EPG Health
EPG Health, an IQVIA business, is a forward-thinking digital medical publisher. Our mission is to ease the discovery and consumption of valuable medical education to support better outcomes for all stakeholders – healthcare professionals, their patients, pharmaceutical partners and our own people.
Founded in 2000, we are an independently owned business based in Tunbridge Wells, with a growing team of 50+ full-time employees spanning the UK, France and Australia.
Our independent platform, Medthority – award-winning for its innovative user experience – provides online access to high-quality and science-led disease and treatment information, with an actionable reach of more than 1.8 million healthcare professionals worldwide.
At its heart is a series of 35+ ‘Learning Zones: bespoke, self-directed learning environments dedicated to a specific disease, condition or treatment approach, and funded by the pharmaceutical industry through marketing-initiated (commercial) and grant funding models. We work with Blue Chip organisations like Novartis, Pfizer, GSK and AstraZeneca.
Our people are key to EPG Health’s success. We support and reward hard work and commitment while respecting the work-life balance. We give freedom to our teams so they can flourish in their roles, backed up by support and training opportunities to help them get there.
EPG Health is an equal opportunities employer. We foster a culture based on our values of collaboration, accountability, creativity and e-innovation.
We are looking for a business focused Account Director with responsibility for winning, fostering, and cultivating new accounts with pharmaceutical industry customers.
You will be joining a growing team of customer success focused Account Directors, Account Managers and Account Executives, who, together, are responsible for cultivating customer relationships, driving the delivery of best in class digital and scientific educational programs for our 30+ life science clients. Our customer organisations include 9 of the top 10 global pharmaceutical companies by revenue, and all the top 3 by 2021 digital spend.
The successful candidate will be responsible for identifying and securing new customers within those organisations, and elsewhere for our range of digital medical education solutions, delivered through our independent medical website for healthcare professionals Medthority (www.medthority.com).
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and securing new clients within existing and new customer accounts
- Development of bespoke proposals/budgets for those clients
- Delivering value to our customers with impactful and innovative digital activities aligned to their strategic goals and objectives
- Ownership of your strategic account plan
- Acting as customer success manager for your clients, liaising with our multi-disciplinary team of experts, including account managers and executives, and others across our business, to ensure each customer project meets expectation
- Delivering revenue against annual and revenue targets comprised of new business and account growth components
Skills and qualifications
- You are results focused, and have a proven ability to recognise and follow a sales process to win and grow accounts
- You have strong influencing and negotiating skills
- You have excellent attention to detail and have the ability to be the hands-on lead of multiple accounts and projects to deliver profitably and successfully
- You have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and verbal
- You are able to build long-lasting and trusted relationships
- You are aware of relevant industry compliance guidelines
- You are organised and disciplined
- You are comfortable working with high value sales and have a head for figures
- Experience in a similar role in B2B sales/medical education/life science/ communications/digital sector is a distinct advantage
- Track record of winning and growing customer accounts
- Proven record of achieving targets
Your situation, skills and knowledge
- Life/ biomedical science/ complimentary university or business qualification is a distinct advantage
- High standards of written & spoken English
- High standard of Mathematics
- Previous experience in a business development and/ account director or management role
- Good knowledge of medical communications, digital publishing/media, and pharmaceutical medical/ digital marketing would be beneficial
- Track record of winning, managing and growing customer relationships
- Proven record of achieving targets