Published 30 November 2022
Senior Medical Writer
Are you looking for an exciting new opportunity to apply your excellent medical writing skills in the digital medical communications space?
EPG Health is a forward-thinking publisher with ‘Medthority’, a global, independent medical website for healthcare professionals. Using enterprise technology and a digital engagement framework to support how HCPs consume information in modern times, we strive for both scientific and digital excellence to achieve meaningful outcomes for our audience and their patients.
Working with funding from our pharma customers, we deliver a wide variety of content types and formats, from creative animations and interactive quizzes to long-form deeper reading. We also support the delivery of virtual events and enduring materials. All content is publishing on our website, supported by ongoing updates and multichannel outreach campaigns.
EPG Health fosters a culture of collaboration, innovation, creativity, and fun, supporting and rewarding hard work and commitment while respecting the work-life-family balance.
If you would like to join us and expand your skills during these times of digital transformation, please use the form below to provide your CV together with covering letter.
Reports to Editorial Team Leader or above.
Skills and knowledge
- Degree level or higher in a biomedical science
- 3+ years of agency (medical communications), publishing, or other relevant medical writing experience
- Experience in writing for digital an advantage
- A talent for medical writing, strong attention to detail with solid grammar skills and a passion for science/medicine
- Solid understanding of the drug development process and the relevant regulations that influence communicating with healthcare professionals and the public
- Well-developed scientific writing skills with the ability to edit and adapt content utilising a variety of styles and outputs to target different audiences
- Ability to action received feedback and ensure high standards are consistently maintained through the content development process
- A desire to provide creative solutions to our clients’ challenges
- Strong project and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team in a high-pressure environment
- Develop and maintain a detailed knowledge and understanding of the therapy areas EPG Health work in, including upcoming updates to guidelines, therapy launches and key congresses
- Creation and delivery of high-quality content that is scientifically and grammatically accurate, aligned with educational objectives and suitable for the target audience while also meeting time and budgetary constraints
- To liaise with the client and act as the point of contact for key opinion leaders (KOLs) to support and drive the delivery of live scientific events
- To provide scientific and strategic support in the preparation of, and participate in, client meetings to discuss scientific and editorial aspects of ongoing or new business projects
- Provide creative and innovative solutions that address the clients’ challenge
- Attend congresses, workshops and client meetings to provide medical writing support
- Accurate and tracked incorporation of reviewer feedback and comments in projects you are responsible for
- Creation of marked-up reference packs, including uploading to client review platforms when necessary
- Review and proof-read materials produced by other members of the editorial team or externally produced materials such as slide decks by KOLs
- Work with the wider EPG Health team to develop content for proposals and pitches as required
- Proactively discuss workload and any challenges with your line manager to ensure projects run smoothly and to schedule
- Brief freelancers when additional support is required for programme delivery
- Ensure familiarity with Medthority.com style guide, EPG Health project delivery processes, as well as industry compliance guidelines/regulations
- Accurate recording of time spent on individual projects
Coaching and mentoring of more junior writers in both writing and scientific/strategic project aspects, being able to develop positive critique and have a keen eye for accuracy and detail of others work